My quilt Gathered Consciousness made it into the AQC quilt challenge this year. Check it out on
http://www.aqc.com.au/Melbourne/aqc-2015-quilt-challenge-finalists/#sthash.PzGi3Xhl.dpbs
 I wanted to celebrate our first true blue Australians, our unique animals and landscape.  The young girl in my quilt was photographed by my friend Robyn Adams at the first revival of the Bunya Dreaming gathering in 2007. This is a celebration  to maintain the tradition of the gathering of the Bunya nut. For me she represents the collective consciousness and the future of Australia. My
 Thanks to Robyn for her beautiful images that never fail to inspire me, 
the Aboriginal artists that created the stunning fabric that I have used 
in my quilt and most important my respect to the first people for our 
nation.

Comments